University of Aberdeen’s Sound Emporium Research Group (SERG) have a Call for Papers & Performances at their upcoming conference Sonic Realities.
They welcome contributions from a wide range of disciplines, and invite submissions on, but not limited to, the following:
- Phenomenologies of Virtual Reality;
- Subjectivity, Agency and Constructivism in Electronic and Contemporary Music;
- Sonic (Mis)Representations of Historical Events;
- Composed Places and Sonic Reality;
- Mechanism of a Sonic Reality—Imagination, Technologies, Society, Community and State;
- Sound as a Socio-Political Construct;
- Noise and Realities;
- Schizophonic Place and Roles of Temporal Displacement.